July, 2014 – June, 2015
Vita served 1,635 adults and 48 families through its free literacy and decision-making programs and CareerLink® Workshops
Vita offers free instruction in the community and the Bucks County Correctional facilities to prepare adults to function effectively in their roles as family members, employees, and citizens. Last year, Vita served 952 adults and 48 families.
English as a Second Language
• Served 457 adult learners in 22 classes, taught by professional staff, at six sites throughout Bucks County.
• Provided small group instruction and one-to-one tutoring to 113 adults, led by
34 well-trained volunteer tutors, at four sites.
• Served 48 families in Family Literacy Programs at Centennial School District and FDR Middle School in Bristol Township.
Basic Literacy and GED
•Served 276 adults in 26 GED and Pre-GED reading, writing and math classes, taught by professional staff, at four sites.
• Provided small group instruction and one-to-one tutoring in reading, writing, and math to 106 adults, led by 45 well-trained volunteer tutors, at seven sites.
Decisions is a suite of programs offered in the Bucks County Correctional facilities and in the community. Vita served 446 men and women in the following programs, taught by six professional facilitators and 30 volunteer tutors and mentors.
• Decisions for Living tutoring and groups – Giving incarcerated adults the tools they need to make sound decisions so they can reintegrate more effectively into the community.
• Job Readiness – Incorporates the Decisions model as it applies to re-entry of inmates to the workforce.
• Employment Ready – A series of workshops that helps prepare for success after release. Each workshop focuses on a particular skill needed to seek and retain employment.
• Decisions For Change – Offered to men and women on Probation or Parole to help individuals with the many decisions they face upon reentry into the community.
Workshops focus on the training and employment services offered by the CareerLink® for those seeking employment. Vita served 237 adults in this capacity in the community and correctional facilities.
• Served 116 adults at the Doylestown CareerLink® Center.
• Served 121 adults at the Community Correction Centers and Bucks County Correctional Facility.