Summary of Programs 2011-2012
Vita offers free instruction to prepare adults to function effectively in their roles as family members, employees and citizens.
English as a Second Language
- Served 359 adult learners in 12 classes, taught by professional staff, at six sites throughout Bucks County.
- Thirty well-trained volunteer tutors provided small group instruction and one-to-one tutoring to 131 adults.
- Provided Family Literacy Programs at Bensalem Head Start and FDR Middle School in Bristol Township, serving 57 families.
Basic Literacy and GED
- Served 310 adults in nine GED and Pre-GED reading, writing and math Classes – taught by professional staff – at four sites throughout Bucks County.
- Forty well-trained volunteer tutors provided small group instruction and one-to-one tutoring in reading, writing, and math to 105 adults.
DECISIONS is a suite of programs offered in the community and in the Bucks County Correctional facilities. Vita served 417 adults and teens in the following programs, taught by three professional facilitators and 40 volunteer tutors and mentors.
- Decisions for Living tutoring, groups, and Job Readiness programs for men and women at the Bucks County Correctional Facility
- Decisions for Change facilitator-led groups for adults on probation or parole
- Decisions for Teensprograms for teens and young adults in the community
- Decisions for a Better Lifeworkshops at the Community Corrections Center