The Distance Learning Project (DLP)
The Distance Learning Project is available for adult basic education students in Pennsylvania. Students use approved distance learning curriculum resources (Internet, workbooks and videos) in a structured program outside of the classroom. Individuals may participate independently or in conjunction with programs Vita currently offers in the community.
The DLP provides classes in:
- Adult Basic Education
- Transition to Workplace and College
- High School Equivalency (HSE) test preparation
- English for Speakers of Other Languages
- U.S. Naturalization Test Preparation
- TOEFL® Test preparation
A student is supported by a teacher at a distance using phone calls, e-mail, and mail. Students who are self-starters, have good organizational and study skills, and who can work independently are good candidates for Distance Learning.
Individuals who are interested in distance learning need to complete the following steps:
1. Complete online application at www.padistancelearning.org
2. Contact Vita to set up an interview and date for placement testing. Call 215-345-8322.
3. Call the Distance Learning Project to schedule your orientation at 1-888-889-6020.